We are committed to keeping you safe and on the road.
Our stores are modifying in-store experiences to minimize contact and social distance.
Please call your local CARSTAR for information on our enhanced safety measures.
Front Office Management
The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing the efforts of the shop. He must have experience in high quality collision repair. The Production Manager must be an effective leader with above average management and supervisory skills and must have a good understanding of insurance claims procedures and policies. He must be able to delegate responsibilities to those reporting to him. It is imperative that this manager possess a good work attitude, excellent personal time management and organizational skills, and foster a positive team spirit both within the department as well as between other departments in support with the overall philosophy of the company and fellow employees.
• Approve all time cards daily
• Document employee concerns related to production environment
• Mange the time clock maintenance and accuracy
• Co-ordinate Health and Safety meetings/audits
• Ensure MSDS sheets are kept current
• Ensure the safety plan has been reviewed with all staff
• Ensure daily you mention any near misses that could cause injury to an employee
• Manage WSIB post non compliance issues are completed as per action plan
• Supervise the recruiting, hiring, training, counseling and dismissal of all production personnel
• Supervise the handling of the productive employee’s time cards and insure that each productive employee keeps proper track of time consumed on each job.
• Monitor the control and approval of any production overtime
• Establish performance goals for all technical employees
• Maintain company standards of repair quality
• Maintain a specific gross profit and efficiency standards which have been established for each department as it relates to production
• Maintain a strong relationship with field appraisers
• Frequently inspect the work in process to identify any special repair concerns
• Supervise and maintain the performance of the Parts Manager or the Parts Department
• Recommend tool and equipment purchase
• Test drive vehicle to ensure proper repair
• Knowledge of WHIMIS requirements
• Ensure that the production area is a safe and clean environment for working
• 2-5 years experience in Management or the industry
• Functional/Technical Knowledge
• Specialized Training
• Skills & Abilities
• Physical Requirements
• On-the-Job Exposure to the following elements:
*All duties/responsibilities/experience are subject to change
172 Chain Lake Drive
Halifax Nova Scotia, Canada, B3S 1A2