Front Administrator/Customer Service Representative (CSR) CARSTAR Trenton
Front Office Greeting Area
Job Summary & Qualities
The Candidate is the first impression that customers and other visitors have when they walk into or call your CARSTAR store. This person is responsible for creating a front office atmosphere that fosters a high level of service. The Front Administrator-CSR is the main point of contact for customers and potential customers; and assists the Appraiser, Production Manger and Owners with varying service or reports. The Front Administrator-CSR should possess a cheerful character and a helpful, polite and courteous attitude towards customers, Vendors/ suppliers fleet and Insurance companies. The Front Administrator-CSR must be well-groomed and dress appropriately, be punctual each day and complete the daily tasks each business day. The Front Administrator-CSR must have keyboarding skills, a good work attitude and foster a positive team spirit both within the department as well as between the other departments in support with the overall philosophy of the company and fellow employees.
ACCOUNTABILITY & RESPONSIBILITY OF POSITION
Customer Greeting Process
• Responsible for the initial contact with prospects and customers during the normal working day.
• Greet people visiting this CARSTAR store in order to determine needs, utilize the CARSTAR VAS (appraisal sheet blue) and capture customer Admin information.
• Pre qualify the customer of the Process to follow, appraisal process CP, fleet, Insurance (have assignment or not) time needed and steps the appraiser will be taking and why.
• Notify the appraiser of the customer’s needs and introduce the appraiser.
• Will generate a Mitchell ABS-Administrative Repair order for all vehicles being scheduled in or left for repairs. Incl’s work order and Q/A checklist pre generated.
• Pre arrange and book reservation for rental cars for all incoming or dropped at appraisal repairs
• Direct towing companies where to move vehicle to and notify production manager vehicle coming to compound.
• Contact production manager when customer shuttle service is required, he will delegate resource to use.
• When customers are dropping off vehicles ensure that the authorization to repair is performed. Ensure that the keys are obtained from the customer.
• Ensure you ask the customer to remove personal contents and parking passes, garage door openers, sun glasses, etc.
• Assist customers arriving to obtain contents when vehicle is a total loss, trigger production manager to assign resource to support the customer.
• Responsible for ensuring all vendor and supplier credits are received and processed at the end of each week (or per file close C.O.P above)
• Responsible for reviewing and ensuring all parts invoices were entered and posted properly by production manager in the management system at the end of each business day.
• At the end of each Business day print off a production meeting report for next morning meeting. (report needs to include scheduled in vehicles, work in process, on site, scheduled for delivery
• Handle all phone traffic, per guidelines of CARSTAR CQS and CARSTAR University best practices, in a polite, courteous and cheerful manner.
• Screen business calls, and book appointments in Owners personal calendar. (review daily with owner)
9 am -Meet with Production manager daily to review production meeting notes.
• Update each Repair Order with notes as needed based on report findings
• Daily contact all customers with a planned delivery for that day, provide a target time to pick up, ensure all files deductible and or betterment charges are confirmed. Ensure payment method is discussed.
• Daily follow up with all customers work in process vehicles and provide an update (as per customer request communication needs or mid repair cycle on all jobs)
• Update all dates in the Management system as needed daily (based on prod meeting report)
• Update rental car companies by phone daily of all vehicles on site -planned delivery date
• Update the Enterprise arms rental car portal daily ( to achieve cycle 8 days ave and touch time 4hrs per vehicle targets)
• Manage all incoming calls from customers inquiring about their repair
• Creates all customer release packages, Incl final accurate repair invoice, Insurance company warranty when applic, CARSTAR National Warranty, Net promoter Card, paint company warranty, separate parts warranty when applic.
• Notify all customers when vehicle has been deemed a total loss
• Refer all customer Concerns to the Appraiser, utilize a CQS concern report sheet and provide to appraiser for his discussion with customer.
• Maintain IOU process and run report weekly for customer follow up has been completed.
• Perform follow up calls for all work that was performed, 7 days after delivery, and use delivered vehicle report from Mitchell abs and track notes per customer.
• At the end of each week provide a copy of the follow up report findings to Mila
Cashier front reception area Duties
• Invoice all repair orders to the customer , fleet or insurance company as per guidelines
• Collect and record payment for completed jobs in Mitchell ABS daily
• Ensure final signature picking vehicle up is completed
• File all paperwork accurately
• Disburse, record and/or display customer reply cards upon receipt from CARSTAR corporate
• Ensure that the reception desk tops do not contain storage racks, store all files in drawers (except for the file you are working on) ensure work area is organized/tidy at all times
• Ensure the reception area tables are cleaned off after customers leave, position point of sale and magazines back to their place as needed.
• At the end of each business day complete a POS batch header report
• Daily follow up on Account receivables
• Weekly complete an update Account receivable report for Mila
• Ensure clocks are changed, notify shop maintenance person when front floors and matts need maintenance. Daily as needed
• Manage invoice process and properly control organize and report payables to Mila weekly
• Experience providing customer service in a service or retail environment.
• Functional/Technical knowledge:
- Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook) – intermediate
- Management system experience Mitchell - requirement
- Experience with Collision Repair Estimating and/or Management systems a plus
• Skills & Abilities
- TIME MANAGEMENT essential- prioritize your day and delegate duties when needed discuss with owner when your department is overwhelmed and he will assist getting process back on track
- Work independently without close supervision
- Flexible/adaptable to constant change
- Strong tact and diplomacy; ability to interact with all levels of personnel
- Highly organized; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan work under own initiative
- Strong communication skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening)
- Quality driven individual with Customer Service Perspective
- Motivated, follows instructions
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Works well under pressure
• Physical Requirements
- Keyboarding/Finger dexterity
- General Physical Skills (sitting for long periods, lifting ~ 10 pounds)
- Repetitive motion
- Ability to use telephone
*All duties/responsibilities/experience are subject to change