Body Technician Apprentice CARSTAR Kanata
The Body Technician Apprentice increases the efficiency of the store by ensuring they follow a systematic approach to all repairs. By properly dismantling the vehicle fully including the blend panel trim parts will ensure the complete listing of parts and labour of the collision damage can be identified early in the cycle time of the repairs. The Body Technician Apprentice must be highly organized and must keep excellent documentation, in order to minimize losses. The Body Technician Apprentice must be able to read and understand the estimate to ensure the parts being utilized mirror match the vehicle parts to be replaced any incorrect items need to be documented on the supplemental damage sheet and communicated immediately when repairs are halted or daily in the 1 on 1 walk about with management. Participate in daily production / release meetings in order to provide key information to managerial staff.
Accountability & Responsibility of Position
Materials and Safety Management
• Maintain a safe and clean environment in which to work that reflects the working conditions of the Company.
• Adopt working habits that are in accordance with the Company Employee Policy Manual.
• Functional/Technical Knowledge:
• Skills & Abilities Required
• Work independently without close supervision
• Works well with others & positive work ethic
• Flexible/adaptable to constant change
• Highly organized; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments
• Ability to prioritize, organize and plan work under own initiative
• Strong communication skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening)
• Motivated and follows instructions
• Works well under pressure
• Physical Requirements
• General Physical Skills (Carrying, Lifting – 100 lbs, standing, sitting, walking, reaching)
• Driving, must have a valid license
• On-the-Job Exposure to the following elements
* Duties subject to change