Appraiser CARSTAR St. Catharines
Job Summary & Qualities
The Appraiser is responsible for providing customers with timely and friendly appraisals, with the ultimate goal of closing the sale to maintain a high closing ratio. The appraiser must handle communication with the adjuster and customer regarding status of the vehicle. This position is often the main point of contact with CARSTAR for the customer, so The Appraiser must strive to represent the Company in a professional manner. The Appraiser should have an outgoing personality, enjoy meeting people, calling on accounts and possess a classic background in sales or marketing and a good understanding of appraising and insurance claims procedures and policies. The Appraiser must be able to make common sense decisions, be a self motivator, use excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and portray a professional business image. It is imperative that this person possess a good work attitude and foster a positive team spirit in support with the overall philosophy of the company and fellow employees.
Accountability and Responsibility of Position
• Inspect qualified vehicles and write damage appraisals.
• Responsible for handling all appraisals, work authorizations, repair orders, supplements and warranties when dealing with the customer, striving to maintain and improve closing ratio for the company.
• Follow up on customer appraisals, in order to increase closing ratio; also can develop and implement follow-up program on appraisals.
• Ongoing communication with adjuster, production staff and customer regarding repair status.
• Inspect repair and meet with customer when picking up vehicle to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Work to resolve any customer concerns or dissatisfaction with the work or the Company.
• Responsible for maintaining consistent sales volume to meet or exceed company goals.
Coordinating Staff to Achieve Sales Goals
• Update and organize WIP report for daily production meetings
• Participate in daily production / release meetings in order to provide key information to managerial staff.
• Update WIP report based on production meeting findings, copy report.
• Provide report to detail department and CSR reception
• Cooperate with staff in planning meetings and schedules
• Work with promotional representative to develop methods of follow-up and touches, such as follow-up and thank-you letters, props and other methods of maintaining constant contact and presence with agents, dealers, fleets and businesses
• Participate in monthly company meetings and be willing to attend any and all training programs to enhance performance both personally and professionally
• Follow the CQS customer greeting processes with all individuals
• Utilizing the tools in the CQS appraisal and best practices process.
• Captures consistently, utilizing the vehicle assessment forms, all customer and vehicle information, detailed vehicle damage entries and prior damages as per CQS requirements.
• Follows the standard imaging process on all potential insurance appraisals
• Will add explanation lines to necessary image or repair line entries on all appraisals
• Ensure that we use most commonly missed “ forgettables” found in insurance guidelines or on the CQS vehicle assessment sheets
• Follow best practises when generating appraisals to achieve 95% accuracy 100% of the time – attention to detail
Administration of RO Package
• Ensure all parts are ordered correctly and in a timely fashion
• Ensure customer authorization is received from owner before proceeding with parts order
• Parts ordering and back orders are documented in the file
• Communicate to customers any outstanding moneys owing at time of authorization and at least 24 hours prior to delivery of vehicle
• All authorizations, warrantee and CSI cards are completely filled out as per CQS vehicle release package criteria
• Will utilize QA checklist to validate repairs completed per appraisal and that it meets CARSTAR’s and the store managers impeccable repair standards.
• Signs off final inspection section of QA checklist validating vehicle is ready for delivery
• At least one year’s experience in Management or in the industry.
• Knowledge of products used in Facility.
• Functional/Technical Knowledge:
- Management Software (Mitchell and/or Summit) – INTERMEDIATE
- Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook) – INTERMEDIATE
- Estimating Software (Audatex and/or Mitchell) – INTERMEDIATE
• Specialized Training:
- ICAR a plus
- First Aid
• Skills & Abilities Required:
- Work independently without close supervision
- Flexible/adaptable to constant change
- Strong tact and diplomacy; ability to interact with all levels of personnel
- Highly organized, analytical and motivated; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan work under own initiative
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Decision making, delegation skills, leadership ability
• Physical Requirements:
- General Physical Skills (carrying, lifting – 100 lbs, squatting, kneeling, pushing, standing, sitting, walking, reaching, pulling extensively)
- Repetitive motion
- Driving, must have valid DL
• On-the-Job Exposure to the following elements: