Company Store Operations
The General Manager is the person with sole accountability for the entire operation of the respective facility. The General Manager will manage all aspects of the business from associates to the product used in the work process. It is the General Managers responsibility to ensure the success of the facility in all areas of the business. The General Manager must possess a great deal of management ability and expertise in the Auto Body trade. The General Manager must know facets of each major department, and administration functions, business analysis and management of people. It is imperative that the General Manager possess a good work attitude and foster a positive team spirit both within the department as well as between departments, in support with the overall philosophy of the company and fellow employees.
• Manage/report the profitability of the facility on a monthly basis
• Review the P&L with staff to ensure all are working toward a common goal
• Determine/correct the financial areas of concern for the facility; regularly evaluate business performance by monitoring the areas of dollar amount of estimates written, closing ratio, gross profit margin of jobs completed, overhead budget and net profit.
• Establish company long-term and short-term goals to ensure business direction is met, both from a monetary and professional viewpoint
• Establish and monitor company profit goals that reflect a standard overall gross profit as well as performance in other areas by continually reviewing, on a daily basis, operating expenses of each vehicle repaired
• Establish company closing ratios and standards to ensure that steps are taken to proactively pursue sales goals
• Establish estimate and sales targets by using identified profit goals and closing ratio targets as basis
• Establish and monitor profit margins and gross sales targets for production
• Establish and monitor overhead budget that will not exceed identified percentage of total sales and reflects the controlled operating expenses
• Review closed repair orders for quality, reporting and management issues
• Participate in monthly Business Group meetings and share ideas on how the group can work better together to reach the company goals
• Maintain local licenses and permits required to operate the business
• Provide backup for administrative associates and ensure administrative tasks are distributed with regard to staff skills
• Monitor store quality by continually inspecting and observing methods of repair in progress
• Responsible for the hiring, training, development, corrective action and termination of all associates of the facility.
• Hold daily, weekly, monthly store meetings to train and inform associates of upcoming events and projects.
• Resolve all complaints and disputes tied to the facility including associate disputes and customer-related disputes
• Ensure that all associates receive the required safety training as part of their orientation process
• Identify, establish and monitor standards for departmental performance; review departmental profitability reports each day in order to set corrective action for substandard work and low performance areas.
• Evaluate employees on an ongoing basis to identify and assist low performers and improve entire staff; implement yearly performance appraisal process, set goals for improvement and offer training opportunities
• Maintain all Canadian safety standards
• Produce CSI that meets or exceeds established standards and follow up on substandard CSI cards
• Set company standards of excellence by continually striving to improve levels of customer service and satisfaction, insurance company relationships, sales and promotional efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Management or the industry
• Functional/Technical Knowledge
• Specialized Training
• Skills & Abilities Required
• Physical Requirements
• On-the-Job Exposure to the following elements
163 Baseline Road E
Bowmanville, ON L1C 3L4
Heures du centre: FERMÉ MAINTENANT
L-V: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Samedi: Ouvert - Sur Rendez-Vous